Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com

What is the Order to Teach Phonics and Activity!

I have been teaching first grade now for 7 years.  I taught 2nd-3rd grades before that.  But when I was new to first grade, I wanted to know the order to teach phonics.  I searched every where and maybe I wasn't looking in the right places, but I just couldn't seem to find a simple list of the order we should teach phonics.  I followed our basal with our spelling list, and it finally clicked.  Our basal was teaching spelling in an order that made sense, but it never came out, gave a list for an order.  But I have created one I can refer to! 

With that realization, I came up with a list and I will share with you! You want to teach these at least one concept per week. You may want to stretch some of these for a couple of weeks, but not much longer than that to make sure you get through all of these in a year! This list comes from a product I have that gives an activity to do. If you are interested in more information for the activity, you can click HERE.

This is the order! :)


If you are interested in more, please click the picture below.





No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed BUNDLE Reading Comprehension Questions and Reading Strategies

Have you ever found yourself at a loss when trying to get your students engaged with reading comprehension questions? Or frustrated with th...